Junior Freight Forwarder
We are looking for a Junior Freight Forwarder for our office in Gothenburg, Sweden. We are offering a bright future in a European company that has been in logistics for 50+ years where you will be given the opportunity to grow in a new, small and respectful team.
Full training will be provided on using our in-house systems.
- Proactively communicate with clients on status of their shipments, as well as actively maintain and escalate communication with steamship lines and truckers
- Managing and improving warehouse and operational policies and procedures
- Managing, analyzing and driving operational results
- Drive profitable labor, productivity, performance and operating budgets
- Research and select various vendors/agents and arrange timely ground transportation delivery
- Ensuring our customers are provided a fast, efficient, and excellent implementation
- Preparing and distributing shipping documentation for each shipment (e.g.: Shipping Notifications, Proforma/Commercial Invoices, Import/Export required documents)
- Your areas of responsibilities will be supporting the company’s business
development across Europe together with the Country Manager in Sweden
- You arrange the shipments of the goods with our partner carriers and take care of the documental flow as well
- Troubleshoot customer’s inquiries
- Other ad-hoc projects as requested by management
- You assist the operations in all daily operational tasks and questions
- Recommend new processes or systems for improvement, implement new ideas and strategies
- Good knowledge of Swedish and English, both written and spoken
- Proficient with Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Detail-oriented and strong follow-up skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Team player who can also work independently
- A natural drive and a lot of energy
- Thrive on providing excellent customer service, working as part of a team, and finding and recommending creative solutions to common problems.