Route Development Specialist (RDS)
Are you familiar with Korean culture? Do you speak Korean? Are you ready to learn new skills and gain new experiences? Then we want to hear from you.
We are seeking an enthusiastic candidate to join our Agency Relations team in Back office for the role of Route Development Specialist for South Korean market.
RDS-South Korea will be the primary contact between Maurice Ward offices and overseas partners (Freight Forwarding agents, customs brokers and logistic companies). The ideal candidate will be proactive and is required to build our market position (via both phone & email) by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships with new and existing overseas freight forwarding agents, customs brokers and logistic companies within the required territory.
In addition, this role requires the ideal candidate to monitor credit control and the payments received; you will be required to pursue late payments when necessary as well as maintaining and updating a database with statistics for all agents in the required territory.
- Accomplish new business development with overseas partners (Freight Forwarding agents, customs brokers and logistics companies) to establish communication programs, planning, monitoring, appraising & providing market info with up to date rates whilst offering the full range of Maurice Ward services in a controlled, systemic manner presenting all company unique selling points (USP’s) accordingly
- Establishing customer-service strategies and resolving problems/disputes between overseas partners within the required territory and Maurice Ward offices across Europe when required
Utilize online information and lists available to develop new relationships with every freight forwarding agent within the required territory
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking major industries using freight and logistic services and follow up with these to get to RFQ stage. Develop and market new products to overseas partners specifically for the required territory’s market
- Maintain a database which should list agent details, shipments, revenue, no. of quotations we receive, quote conversation rate
- Credit control, monitoring payments regularly and pursuing overdue payments from freight forwarding agents within the required territory
- Applicants must have a post graduate degree or equivalent
- Excellent English Oral & Written skills
- Knowledge of Korean language (Hangul)
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office) and proficiency in math
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple deadlines